2040 - Rail Gear System
Model 2040 Rail Gear fits Trucks up to 40,000 GVW
Product Description: The Mitchell M2040 Rail Gear can be configured for class 7 and class 8 trucks by selecting rail brakes and options to fit particular truck. All options can be added to the standard rail gear at any time.
Forged Steel Rail Wheels and Axles (Coming soon)
- Forging steel from a billet or ingot eliminates instances of porosity, cavities, shrinkage, cold pouring, and other casting issues.
- A forging is stronger than a cast or plate products because the internal grain pattern realigns to its new shape. This forged realignment localizes mechanical strength characteristics where needed & increases wear resistance.
- Rail Gear units front and rear (46,000 lbs. capacity each end)
- Truck requires front frame extension.
- Front Rail Gear Spring Ride (Attached to truck front springs, moves with springs).
- Rear Rail Gear center pivot non-rigid, pivots 5 inches each side.
- Hydraulic operation.
- Self-Contained Hydraulics
- Push Button Control
- Optional Hydraulic Suspension
- Locks in retracted storage position
- Hydraulic Holding valves - Front and rear.
- Adjustable back to back rail wheels (53 1/8” – 53 7/8”)
- Steering Wheel Lock
- Built-in de-rail guards
- Rail Sweeps
- Replaceable Wear Bushings
- Some welding required by installer
- Some hydraulic hoses supplied by installer
- Rail Wheel Options (insulated requires 2 insulated and 2 non-insulated) Rail Wheel can be greased from end of hub. When new grease is pumped in the hub, all the old grease is forced out through the seal.
- Cobra brakes for non-lubricated track. Disc Brakes for lubricated track
- Front Cobra Brakes (standard)
- Rear Cobra Brakes (Option)
- Front Disc Brakes (Option)
- Rear Disc Brakes (Option)
Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer and retrieved by the website in order to make this website work more efficiently and to better enable processing of information. Cookies can include web beacons, also known as action tags or single-pixel gifs, and other technologies.
Cookies enable us to learn about what content you see, what ads you click, and other actions you take on this site and other sites. This information might be about you, your preferences or your device and is mostly used to make the site work as you expect it to. The information does not usually directly identify you, but it can give you a more personalized web experience, which includes providing you content that meets your interests.
Because we respect your right to privacy, you can choose not to allow some types of cookies. Click on the different category headings to find out more and change our default settings. However, blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience of the site and the services we are able to offer.
You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work.
Manage Consent Preferences
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. These cookies work by uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.